Sunday, August 14, 2011

What book should i read for my AP English summer reading?

I vote for JANE EYRE. I read it for my AP Senior English course over the summer years ago, and it changed my understanding and love of literature. The Gothic mystery, the poetry in the narrative, and the heroine and hero of that novel are all Clic. The twist as to what occurs at Thornfield Hall is still quite a revelation to readers in the 21st Century. Also, Jane is a very revolutionary, forthright young woman, who, despite the obstacles laid before her, gets everything she desires by the age of 29. And manages to stay true to herself and her moral comp. She's still an inspiration for both women and men who come from humble, less-than-great beginnings. Even now, I can still relate to her. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment